Executive Seminars on Geoeconomics
Saturday One-day EXECUTIVE SEMINAR
INTRODUCTION TO GEOECONOMICS
Dates will be communicated later
The objective of this seminar is to introduce the main concepts and components of geoeconomics. A comprehensive interdisciplinary approach is used that incorporates political, geographic, historical, cultural, economic, demographic, and strategic parameters to examine the links between geoeconomics and geostrategy in the context of the contemporary global power shift. An interactive case study exercise is integrated in this seminar to illustrate the practical use of geoeconomic analysis in day-to-day work
Themes and Structure:
- Geoeconomics: Concepts and Context
- Economic Warfare and Geostrategy
- The Strategic Role of the State
- The Main Tools of Geoeconomics
- Interactive Geoeconomic Exercise
Program Highlights and Learning Outcomes:
- Develop the ability to identify different parameters taken into consideration in geoeconomic analysis;
- Integrate geoeconomic factors in decision-making processes;
- Develop the ability to analyze how geoeconomic strategies can impact 21st century’s international power rivalries;
- Participate actively in an interactive and non-conformist course;
- Develop your professional networks and exchange views with course participants having different national, cultural and professional backgrounds.
Target group of participants:
Individuals working for International Organizations and government agencies, diplomats, people working in various economic sectors, graduate students and other interested individuals.
Schedule: Saturday morning 9:00- 12.00 / Saturday afternoon: 2:00-5:00
Tuition fee : 700 CHF Students 400 CHF
Tuition fee does not cover travel, accommodation, meals and health insurance.
GIGS does not offer financial aid to attend its seminars.
A Certificate of participation can be obtained.
Executive Seminar Application Form
Mr. Gyula CSURGAI obtained his Doctorate from the University of Geneva. His doctorate research focused on the development of the geopolitical analysis method and its application in different case study situations. Ho holds Degrees in Political Science from the University of Concordia (Canada) and the University of Toulouse (France). Dr. Csurgai earned Postgraduate Degrees in European Studies from the European Institute at University of Geneva and from the department of Philosophy from the same university. Dr. Csurgai has taught geopolitics, geoeconomics, strategy, international relations and diplomacy for undergraduate, masters, and doctorate programs at different universities in Switzerland and in other countries. He has participated in several international research projects and has provided expertise to various international organizations, governments and private corporations. Dr. Csurgai is co-founder of the Geneva Institute of Geopolitical Studies. He published several books and articles in the fields of geopolitics, geoeconomics, economic intelligence, and international relations.