Geopolitical Analysis Executive Certificate Course
The objective of this study programme is to introduce the main components of the geopolitical analysis method. The course adopts an interdisciplinary approach that incorporates strategic, geographic, historic, cultural and economic dimensions in order to decipher the complexity of contemporary international relations. The central themes include the concepts and method of geopolitical analysis, identity factors and geopolitical representations, as well as the application of strategic analysis and foresight. Case illustrations are presented on various geopolitical configurations that significantly impact the current world system. Having completed this study programme, participants are expected to demonstrate the ability to apply the geopolitical analysis method in different case study situations and to integrate geopolitical factors in decision making processes.
PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Develop the ability to apply the geopolitical analysis method in different case study situations;
- Assess the risks and opportunities entailed by geopolitical dynamics;
- Integrate geopolitical factors in decision making processes.
- Participate actively in an interactive and non-conformist course
- Develop your professional networks and exchange views with course participants having different national, cultural and professional backgrounds.
TARGET GROUP OF PARTICIPANTS
Target group of participants
Persons working for International Organisations and government agencies, diplomats, people working in various economic sectors, graduate students and other interested individuals.
FEES AND FUNDING
Tuition fee: 1250 CHF Students: 750 CHF
This fee does not cover travel, accommodation, meals and health insurance expenses.
GIGS does not offer financial aid to attend its courses.
Bachelor degree obtained, minimum of two years of work experience and English language proficiency. If you cannot attend the whole program you can select different lectures. For more information please contact the Institute